Here you will know why it is so good for the skin.
Surely you have sometimes used chamomile to treat different conditions such as gastrointestinal disorders, wounds or even for eye and skin infections thanks to its beneficial anti-inflammatory and soothing properties. But, do you know what is the active principle responsible for these properties? Coming up next, we tell you!
What is bisabolol?
We all know and have taken advantage of the many healing properties of chamomile and its essential oil. However, little is said about bisabolol or alpha-bisabolol, the component capable of providing us with such versatility of benefits, especially for the skin. It is a plant extract obtained by distillation of the chamomile flower area and one of the main active ingredients of chamomile essential oil.
For what do you use bisabolol?
We use chamomile as an infusion to calm intestinal discomfort, promote sleep, as a diuretic or to treat eye and dermatological infections. Focusing on external and topical use, the alpha-bisabolol component is responsible for all the benefits that chamomile brings to your skin. Its beneficial properties make it an element of plant origin with infinite functions, thus being found in treatments for facial, body and oral care, and in cosmetics to treat sensitive or anti-inflammatory skin. In fact, the ideal is that products such as creams, after-sun, post-depilatory lotions, after-shave or baby lotions, had bisabolol in their ingredients.
** There are products with alpha-bisabolol in their ingredients, but not as the main one. In fact, according to the Institute of Dermocosmetics, the dose is usually 0.1 to 0.8% of the total formula **
Why bisabolol will fascinate you?
- Due to its excellent properties for your skin: regenerative, anti-inflammatory, soothing, healing, protective, softening, desensitizing, anti-irritant, antioxidant.
- For its wide variety of applications and dermatological benefits in cosmetics. Among them:
- It is a great ally for the most sensitive skin: tolerated by all skin types.
- Excellent active ingredient for the protection of the most sensitive skin.
- Ideal to protect the skin from dermal stress (for more information: Dermal stress, what is it and how does it affect us?).
- Soothes sensitive and irritated skin: especially after shaving, waxing, sun exposure, etc.
- Healing, anti-inflammatory and healing agent.
- Accelerates the healing processes.
- Restores skin flexibility.
- Improves percutaneous absorption and enhances the penetration of cosmetic ingredients into the skin.
- Effective for controlling body odor.
How do we introduce bisabolol into GGcare?
At GGcare we help you improve the well-being of your skin through the best ingredients and combinations in our products. For this reason, we decided to introduce bisabolol in our GGcare Calming body cream and chamomile essential oil in the GGcare Repairing Oil, so that you can take advantage of the benefits of this plant-based component, ideal for skin care, as a lotion or of oil according to your need.
Now that you know a little more about bisabolol, do not hesitate to take your moment of relaxation by applying the soothing body cream and the repairing oil on your face to pamper your skin accompanied by an infusion of chamomile to continue cultivating your well-being!
If you need more information, do not hesitate to contact our team. We will be happy to listen to you and help you!