In previous blogs, we have talked about the benefits of meditation. However, we know that concentration, the key to meditation, can be difficult to achieve and develop. For this reason, we bring you candle meditation, an efficient and simple way to concentrate, relax and start meditative practice.
What is candle meditation?
It is a way of meditating centered on observation. It consists of staring at a point and maintaining attention. Any object can be used, although the most common is to observe the flame of a lit candle.
This method has many benefits. It is effective to begin with, and, above all, for those who find it difficult to concentrate and relax. It helps to be aware of the "here and now" and to be more patient on a day-to-day basis. It strengthens the eyes and sight, reduces anxiety and stress, and improves memory, sleep, well-being, and quality of life.
How to meditate with a candle?
- Find a spacious, dark, and airless place.
- Place the candle and light it.
- Sit on the ground one meter away from the candle.
- Stand with your legs crossed and your back straight. You can sit on a cushion, and if you find it difficult, lean against a wall. You can also sit in a chair with your back straight and your bare feet touching the floor.
- Close your eyes and breathe slowly.
- Half-open your eyes, focus on the candle flame for 5/20 minutes, then keep your eyes closed.
- Start with 5 minutes and increase the time a little each session until you reach 20. The point is to relax without forcing or bothering yourself.
- Be grateful for the circumstances that have allowed you to hold the session.
The best time to do it is before going to bed, after the nighttime facial routine. The aroma greatly influences meditation. Focus on the soothing scent of Regenerating night cream. You can also apply a few drops of Repairing oil or use a scented candle.
Avoid eating or drinking exciting or caffeinated foods before the session, and keep a blanket close by. Not being cold is very important. Take a few minutes a day to relax and calm your mind. It is favorable for your physical and mental well-being!